Miami Heat
Thursday, August 16, 2007


And I am finally in Miami, Florida. Took a red eye flight out of San Francisco via Houston,Texas to Miami. I remember just before I left, Daddy Bo bid me farewell and said from now on you are on your own. That sentence really struck me a bit. Now in Miami, really have a strange feeling. Cos I'm not here on holiday, so no holiday mood, and not like Perth as I need to really start from scratch. I landed at Miami airport this morning and I realised I am totally on my own. This is a strange place and I literally know no one in probably 500 mile radius or more. In my mind, my concern was just to get to my University of Miami, my home for the next 4 months or so, safely and I will figure it all out. Despite all my heavy luggage, I really wanna thank God that all of it got on the plane without it over weighting. Anyway, got my luggage, waited for a shuttle for half an hour and finally reached the university. Thank God for a really nice lady on the shuttle who talked to me and made me feel comfortable with this new place. Well... at least I know Miami is gonna be a friendly place. That will sound really really good to me.


The Lobby & My room!
The shuttle dropped me directly off at my dorm, the Pearson Residential College. Once I stepped into the lobby, I am already impressed. The place is like filled with balloons and streamers making it really welcoming. The process of checking in was smooth and fast; and I was in my room in no time. Room #318 is it. Putting my bags down, I decided to go explore my new school and man am I impressed. Really huge campus and there are so much to tell. All of these will be revealed later on in my blog so you gotta watch out for it.

My first cup of "Jamba Juice". Like "Boost" but 10x better!!!




In the evening, I had a welcome dinner for all exchange students. This is my first phase of making friends. Well, because I'm on exchange, I kinda have an identity crisis when we have the mass intro session. I'm from Singapore but I'm an exchange student from Australia. So I guess is something really cool and unique at the same time. There are many exchange students from Australia (only me from Perth), we have the whole European Union there, some from Hong Kong, Korea, Japan and only 1 guy from Singapore. After the session, I ended my day hanging out with my new found friends; Igor and Bruno from Brazil, Masa from Slovenia and Yuki from Japan.

JOEL , and the Hurricane hit @
11:59 PM

-----------------

Profile

GO CANES!
JOEL in MIAMI
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

" Every moment spent with you, is the moment I treasure "

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Links

lBonnie lGermaine lGina lHuimin lHuiyu lIanz lJacob lJialing lKanghui lLouisa lLydia lSarah lShallene lSonglee lTeresa lTiffany lYanchang lHana

Tagbox


Credits

IAMTHEillusioNATION